Friday, June 4, 2010

Disclaimer and Apology, etc.

In reading back over my posts, as I often do (okay, I guess I am narcissistic), I notice that sometimes I misspell the name of the Lady of Lake Taneycomo. For future reference, the correct spelling is "Dracrevocsid". You've got to admit that it is an easy word to misspell.

I'd like to apologize to Dracrevocsid and my avid readers for that faux pas. Also, I should apologize to my wife, Ann, my faithful proofreader. She truly is the Guru of Grammer; the Princess of Punctuation. She can dissect a sentence like nobody's business! She puts the "syn" in "syntax" and no doubt cringes every time she finds a mistake. But as Mark Twain once pointed out, "No one can write perfect English and keep it up through a stretch of ten chapters. It has never been done."

One thing I do not apologize for is that sometimes I, uh... exaggerate, shall we say. My Artistic License is valid and I keep it on my person at all times. Regardless, my posts are mostly true and, as Huck Finn said, "That book [Tom Sawyer] was made by Mr. Mark Twain, and he told the truth, mainly. There was things which he stretched, but mainly he told the truth. That is nothing. I never seen anybody but lied one time or another..." However, as my wife points out, there is a world of difference between "Let's eat Grandma" and "Let's eat, Grandma."

No comments:

Post a Comment