Monday, May 10, 2010

43 Days Until NMA Reunion

Who in the name of Mary, Mother of Perpetual Motion stole my chops? I started practicing today in order to get some of my old chops back by the time I attend the NMA Reunion in San Antonio, June 23-26. Right now, I'm wondering if I'll be ready in time. A little nervous, to say the least, especially after Frank's phone call last night wherein he told me that he and I are probably going to be the only guitar players there. Yikes! I'm looking forward to picking up my new Les Paul Supreme hopefully later this week. I've been practicing on a classical guitar. The strings are sloppy loose and too far apart for me to get a high NPM count (Notes Per Measure) or to reach the stretchy chords. Oh, well. I'm committed. I've already sent my check in. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling. When I haven't played the piano for a while, my fingers feel like popsicle sticks!

    ReplyDelete